Western Campus Car Park Changes
Posted 23 May 2016
Transport for NSW will temporarily occupy approximately 50 spaces in the Western Campus carpark (near NIDA) as part of the CBD and South East Light Rail Project construction works. There will still be around 200 bays available for UNSW parking.
ALTRAC (the project’s builder and operator) will place a temporary site compound at the rear of the carpark from Monday 30 May 2016. ALTRAC will occupy this area of the carpark until the end of 2017.
ALTRAC construction crews will use the compound as a site office, as well as for meal breaks and vehicle storage. Generally, no heavy vehicles will service the compound and no construction materials will be stored there. There is likely to be an increase in private vehicles parking in the local streets near the Western Campus carpark.
What are the alternative options?
- The Barker Street Parking Station (access via Gate 14) has capacity for additional UNSW permit holders.
- UNSW MyCarpools is a useful website to find other people who are travelling to Kensington to share a ride with.
- There are several GoGet car share vehicles located on the Kensington campus, providing an option for people who need to make short return trips during the day.
- Plan your public transport journey to UNSW with the Transport for NSW Trip Planner.
- For more information about parking at UNSW, visit the FM website or contact email@example.com
- For more information about this site compound or CBD and South East Light Rail work in the area, call 1800 684 490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sydneylightrail.com.au
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com