Feb to May 2017: What's happening near UNSW?
Posted 31 January 2017
What is happening?
ALTRAC Light Rail will continue work in the Kensington and Kingsford area, within the existing construction zones on Anzac Parade between Todman Avenue and High Street, and between Barker Street and Rainbow Street. Work will also continue at the Randwick Stabling Yard and the Rainbow Street rail yard. Investigation work will continue along the light rail alignment.
Continuing construction work will occur in the following locations:
- Anzac Parade, between Todman Avenue and High Street (Zone 29)
- Anzac Parade, between Rainbow and High Streets (Zone 30)
- Randwick Stabling Yard (inside the Australian Turf Club boundary behind Doncaster Avenue)
- UNSW (NIDA) carpark on Anzac Parade (site compound).
Intersection work will take place at the following locations:
- Anzac Parade and Alison Road
- Anzac Parade and Day Avenue
- Anzac Parade and Todman Avenue
- Nine Ways Roundabout.
Investigation work will take place at:
- Anzac Parade, from the Alison Road intersection south to Sturt Street, Kingsford.
How will this affect you?
Traffic and pedestrian changes
Anzac Parade will remain open during all work and two traffic lanes will generally be maintained in both directions. On some occasions there will be a full southbound closure of Anzac Parade between Todman Avenue and Doncaster Avenue, between 11pm and 5am only. Access to buildings, driveways and pedestrian footpaths will be maintained. Any interruption to property access will be discussed with impacted stakeholders well ahead of time.
Cyclists are recommended to use detours away from Anzac Parade, especially in the areas where construction has started.
Noise and dust
You may experience some noise and vibration during this work. Efforts will be made to schedule the noisiest work sensitively.
Where can you find more information?
- For more information about the CBD and South East Light Rail work in the area, call 1800 684 490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sydneylightrail.com.au
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com