Day Avenue Intersection Works
Posted 31 January 2017
ALTRAC Light Rail will start work within the intersection of Anzac Parade and Day Avenue from Friday 3 February 2017.
Work will be continuous from 8pm on Friday 3 February 2017 until 5am on Monday 20 February 2017. The continuous work has been scheduled to ensure Day Avenue is re-opened in time for UNSW O-Week.
How will this affect you?
Traffic, cyclist and pedestrian changes
- The right turn from Anzac Parade into Day Avenue will be prohibited. Vehicles will be detoured along Anzac Parade to Barker Street to continue their journey west.
- From 8pm 3 February to late on 13 February the left turn from Day Avenue into Anzac Parade will be prohibited. Vehicles will be detoured via Houston Road and Barker Street.
- The left turn from Day Avenue onto Anzac Parade will reopen late on Monday 13 February.
- Two traffic lanes will be maintained in each direction on Anzac Parade during day time hours. Additional lane closures may be in place at night. Construction speed limits may apply.
- During the work cyclists can continue to travel along Anzac Parade with other traffic. Cyclists will be required to dismount at the end of the on-road cycleway and follow the general traffic detour.
- The existing detour for cyclists via Houston Road remains in place (as shown in the Zone 30N detour map).
- Access to buildings, driveways and pedestrian footpaths will generally be maintained. Any interruption to property access will be discussed in advance with impacted stakeholders.
Public transport changes
From Fri 3 February to Sun 19 February 2017:
Bus stops on Day Avenue near Anzac Parade (TSN 203322 and 203323) will be temporarily closed.
- Alternative inbound stop: 203326 Day Av near Mooramie Ave.
- Alternative outbound stop: 203311 Anzac Pde Stand D at UNSW.
- Buses will divert via Barker St and Houston Rd.
- Anzac Parade opp UNSW, Temporary Stand A will be closed until further notice.
- Routes 400/410 will now stop at 2031163 High St near Gate 2 UNSW
After Stage 2 of work commences (tentative 11 February) until Sun 19 February 2017:
- Bus stops on Day Avenue remain closed.
- Bus stop on Anzac Pde near Barker St (203220) temporarily closed.
- Alternative stop: 203220 Anzac Pde opp UNSW, Temporary Stand B.
Check signs at stops or visit transportnsw.info for details.
Noise and dust
You may experience some noise and vibration during this work. Efforts will be made to schedule the noisiest work sensitively.
Where can you find more information?
- For more information about the CBD and South East Light Rail work in the area, call 1800 684 490, email email@example.com or visit www.sydneylightrail.com.au
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com