UNSW Express Bus Service Changes in February
Posted 6 February 2017
What is happening?
Due to Light Rail work being completed near the UNSW Kensington campus, changes to Sydney Buses' UNSW Express Bus service come into effect on Monday 13 February 2017.
How will the works affect you?
- 890 and 892 buses will now commence and end at Central Station. These services will no longer run to/from Circular Quay and passengers are encouraged to catch alternative trains or buses to Central.
- All 895, 890 and 892 services will be renamed Route 891. Service levels will remain the same. Check the updated timetable for details.
- 891 buses will commence from both Gate 9 and Gate 3. People waiting at Gate 9 have no advantage over people waiting at Gate 3 – the same number of buses that have always serviced the campus will continue to pick up from each stop.
- People waiting at Gate 9 may notice empty 891 buses travelling past their stop – these buses were formerly 895s and are heading to Gate 3.
- If 891 buses depart Gate 9 and are not at full capacity, they will stop at Gate 3 to pick up additional passengers. Please allow extra travel time to accommodate the extra stop.
Where can you find more information?
- To plan your public transport journey, visit Transport for NSW’s Trip Planner.
- To provide feedback or complaints about Sydney Buses' services, complete their online feedback form.
- For more information about the CBD and South East Light Rail work in the area, call 1800 684 490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sydneylightrail.com.au
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com